Basel is filled with many free water splash pools through out the city. Available on warm 25C days from May to September. The basins are emptied and cleaned after each bathing day. For more information see here.
badi-info.ch is a great website that details all of the pools in the region. Check it out to find details about the local outdoor pools.
- Naturbad Riehen lovely family pool with natural filtration system. Splash pad, slide, diving boards, fussbol, ping pong, & cafe.
- Gartenbad Bachgraben pool with 50-meter swimming pool and a lot of change (one of Switzerland's largest outdoor pools)
- Gartenbad Eglisee two 50-meter pool, 3-meter diving boards, separate Frauenbad
- Gartenbad St. Jakob large facility with several basins. 10-meter diving tower!
- Gartenbad Bettingen smaller pool with Schwimmer-/Nichtschwimmerbecken, paddling pool and kiosk
- Rheinbad Brite / Rhybadhisli Sunbathing on 2 levels while swimming in the Rhine river pool. Lockable wardrobes for day rental available.Great little cafe overlooking the Rhine with fussbol table. For structural reasons the Rheinbadi is not suitable for very small children.
- Rheinbad St. Johann (Hans Santi) historical bathing facility on the Rhine. Non-swimmer and swimming pools in the river. Wardrobe boxes and cabins can be rented
- St. Margaret sunbathing Binningen BL pool with smaller basins in the family area, women's and men's private rooms.
- Indoor pool Spiegelfeld Binningen BL swimming pool with 25-meter swimming pool, teaching pool and slide. Solarium, massage and sauna.
- Aquabasiliea Pratteln Wonderful outdoor/indoor pool resort with tons of fun for all ages. Waterslides for big and small, splash pad, lazy river, grotto, indoor and outdoor pools, and more.
- Laguna Water Park Indoor & Outdoor water park with pools and slides
Play Basel Recommends...
Badi-info.ch is a great website that details all of the pools in the region. Check it out to find details about the local pools.
- Rialto, Basel Stadt Indoor pool with 25-meter swimming pool, separate teaching pool, 1-meter diving boards, a fitness and wellness area with jacuzzi, gym, sauna and solarium.
- Kleinhueningen, Basel Indoor 20-meter training pool. Limited public swimming times!
- Wasserstelzen, Riehen school indoor pool with 16-meter pool float. Limited public swimming times. Courses.
- Spiegelfeld, Basel Land Indoor swimming pool with 25-meter swimming pool, teaching pool and slide. Solarium, massage and sauna.
- AquaBasilea, Prattlen Wonderful indoor/outdoor pool resort with tons of fun for all ages. Waterslides for big and small, splash pad, lazy river, grotto, indoor and outdoor pools, and more.
- Laguna waterpark, Wiel am Rhine - Indoor & Outdoor water park with pools and slides
- Gitterlibad, Liestal - Indoor and Outdoor pools with slides
- Bad schinznach Less than an hour away from Basel towards Zurich. "We needed an activity on a Sunday, which was a bit miserable, with a 2.5 year old and 7 month old to take my visiting brother and his girlfriend (no kids). This was perfect. The Aquarena fun was an outdoor pool and indoor pool. Wonderfully warm even for the 7 month old outside. Jacuzzis and massage jet trail, whirlpool type thing and a pretty crazy slide. Recommend!